Residential Real Estate Director of Accounting & Finance
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Our client, a Dynamic real estate developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL and New York City is adding to their team to support rapid growth. The Director of Accounting and Finance will report to and support the CFO financially and operationally.
The Residential Real Estate Director of Accounting & Finance must have the following skills and experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, preferably a combination of public accounting and Real Estate Development experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff in the office and remote locations.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with system implementations and possess thorough understanding of accounting operations workflows.
- Fluency in Hebrew strongly preferred
The Residential Real Estate Director of Accounting & Finance will have the following responsibilities:
- Build high-performing and nimble team that can scale with company growth and acquisitions
- Oversee all operational Accounting areas, including General Ledger, Revenue Accounting/Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable
- Manage inter-company transactions
- Support loan procurement and modifications.
- Lead the financial close cycle and associated processes
- Oversee the accounting life cycle of development projects
- Develop and improve accounting processes, controls, systems, and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of reporting, controls, processes, and systems
- Input into budget/forecast process
- Work closely with external audit
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners and teams to support business objectives
- Liaison with IT partner on financial system needs, design, and implementation
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as needed
Our client offers a highly competitive Salary, benefit plan and incentives. Full time, permanent position. Salary: $300K-$350K Annually
Best Headhunters is a team oriented search firm who provides a unique, hands-on caring approach in helping a candidate match their experience with the right job opportunity. There is never a fee to the candidate for our representation. Plus, you will receive the benefit of our extensive experience and our long-term relationships with many of America’s leading companies.
We offer career coaching, and will assist you every step of the way in your goal to advance your career. We encourage candidates to be pro-active, especially in light of today’s uncertain business environment in which mergers and downsizing are a common reality. This underscores the importance of placing your career in the hands of a search firm with your best interests at the core of its daily mission.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, New York City, Residential, Real Estate development, Real Estate, Director of Accounting & Finance, Accounting processes