Cost Accountant/Auditor needed for Residential Luxury Hi-Rise Developer
New York, New York
Our client a luxury ground up new development condominium property developer is seeking a Cost Accountant/Auditor to inspect and review, prepare and report, financial transactions and budgetary controls.
The Residential Cost Accountant/Auditor must have the following Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Expert knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with accounting software, Timberline knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or Excel required
The Residential Cost Accountant/Auditor will have the following Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, verifying, processing and reconciling transactions for operational expenses, purchase orders to ensure accuracy and approval.
- Making sure no unnecessary expenditures are approved without verification against budget coded expenses to the proper ledger account.
- Examines assigned financial records and statements for accuracy.
- Analyzes financial data, making recommendations as appropriate to improve accuracy, efficiency, and to reduce costs.
- Inspects the budget and general ledger for assigned departments and accounts, ensuring that funds are available, and expenditures are assigned correctly.
- Process and pay employee expenses, identify inconsistencies
- As needed, assists with accounting duties for and corrections to listed financial records. Research, verify and resolve any discrepancies and issues.
- As appropriate, identifies and recommends updates to accounting systems and procedures.
- Assists with preparation of annual financial reports.
- Prepare analysis of monthly operational expenses including identifying inconsistencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Company offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical insurance and vacation. Salary $100-120K plus fulls benefits package.
Best Headhunters is a team oriented search firm who provides a unique, hands-on caring approach in helping a candidate match their experience with the right job opportunity. There is never a fee to the candidate for our representation. Plus, you will receive the benefit of our extensive experience and our long-term relationships with many of America’s leading companies.
We offer career coaching, and will assist you every step of the way in your goal to advance your career. We encourage candidates to be pro-active, especially in light of today’s uncertain insurance environment in which mergers and downsizing are a common reality. This underscores the importance of placing your career in the hands of a search firm with your best interests at the core of its daily mission.
New York, Cost Accountant, Auditor, GAAP, Multi-tasker, Timberline, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, G.L. coding, Financial Reporting, Analysis of operational expenses