Luxury Property Developer searching for Construction Controller and Project Accountant for their Project Accounting Department!
New York Property Developer is seeking a Construction Controller and Project Accountant to maintain the financial continuity on a large scale of multi-component, multi development projects.
The Construction Controller for a Luxury Residential Property Development company must possess the following skills and experience:
• The applicant must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Timberline, and standard practices of AIA payment documents especially G702 / G703 requisitions and lien waivers.
• Manages the entire Accounting Department.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Minimum 3 -5 years recent accountant level experience in Construction Accounting.
• Hands on preparation of Financial Statements, Monthly & Quarterly Closings, cash flow analysis, requisitions, change order logs, insurance logs, permit logs, and be able to communicate with offsite Project Managers.
• He/She must be extremely reliable, persistent, must be able to work as a team/ independently, and have excellent communication skills (written/verbal).
• Ability to be well-organized in a fast-paced environment, successfully multi-task, work independently and meet multiple demanding deadlines.
• Applicant will be responsible for processing, tracking, and coordinating monthly payments for all project managers and subcontractors with ground-up development construction projects including draws according to contract, collect W-9′s, requisition payments, update Excel logs, and get release of liens upon final payments in the Timberline system.
• Responsible for the processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
• The applicant will be responsible for preparing and compiling full draw applications to lenders in AIA formats on a monthly basis.
• Applicant will review and enhance the existing system of controls and financial reporting for development and construction projects.
• Interact with internal and external customers, other accounting team members, asset managers, property managers, construction project managers and all necessary departments to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations. Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes
The Project Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager in addition to the following
• The applicant must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Timberline.
• Prepare and coordinate cash disbursements
• Manage payroll and company health & benefit plan
• Coordinate the preparation of annual tax returns with the Controller
• Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
Our client offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package
Best Headhunters is a team oriented search firm who provides a unique, hands-on caring approach in helping a candidate match their experience with the right job opportunity. There is never a fee to the candidate for our representation. Plus, you will receive the benefit of our extensive experience and our long-term relationships with many of America’s leading companies.
We offer career coaching, and will assist you every step of the way in your goal to advance your career.We encourage candidates to be pro-active, especially in light of today’s uncertain insurance environment in which mergers and downsizing are a common reality. This underscores the importance of placing your career in the hands of a search firm with your best interests at the core of its daily mission.
Key Words: New York City, Real Estate, Construction, Project Accountant, Controller, Timberline, Microsoft Office, AIA, A/R, A/P, Bank reconciliations, budgets, requisitions, change order logs, insurance logs, permit logs, Communicate with offsite Project Managers.